Getting It Back

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
redpointron

Post by redpointron »

pigsteak wrote:can we rename it the gumby/old fart/rehab cliff?
i thought about naming it "washed up wall" (since washboard was already taken), but i called it "the shire" for quicksilver (goodguy's dad) -- he loves him some science fiction -- who is recovering from surgery right now. hope to see that old fart rehabbing out there in the near future. get well soon.

don't have any specific answers for you michelle, but i have, more than once, taken several months off and come back. i just enjoyed being outside again and took the pressure off myself. enjoy the fall, train this winter, and tear it up again come spring.

regards.

r.r.
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

pigsteak wrote:can we rename it the gumby/old fart/rehab cliff?
i think you should rename all those crags...unless you like gay shit.

north 40? crag in arkansas...you know that pigsteak.

the shire? hmmm...the homosexual misadventures of frodo and sam...c'mon.

roadside? it's not that close to the road.

drive by? not quite.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

yeah I agree Ho..it is quite gay, and leave it to a twirler to point it out.

the original name was Ho's Happy Haven...should we go back?

it's called curbside sally, and we are expecting you to apply for a job as a carhop once it is ready for service.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Horatio Felacio wrote:
roadside? it's not that close to the road.
I thought most of the crags were renamed by SikMonkey ... Chodeside, Left Skank, Miliscarey, etc.
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Yes Meadows, it's true. I have spent countless hours renaming most of the cliffs. Unfortunately, not enough people appreciate true artistic creativity and want to follow in my path and support my renaming of these cliffs using these sacred monikers which I have lovingly bestowed upon them. It's a sad sad day. In fact, I am SO sad, I think I am going to go solo something at the Lode to take my mind off things. Oh, and midgets are strange.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
kirker

Re: Getting It Back

Post by kirker »

Artsay wrote:Three big injuries and eight months later I'm finally back to climbing. I'm climbing less than two number grades below what I was previously climbing and man, does it feel hard.

Has anyone been there and have a ballpark as to how long it takes to get it back? I've had to take six weeks off before for an injury but this is much different. Fortunately I can climb outside three days a week and train in a climbing gym.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Michelle
Not to change the subject, but what are you recovering from?
ynot

Post by ynot »

edited
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Artsay

Re: Getting It Back

Post by Artsay »

kirker wrote:Not to change the subject, but what are you recovering from?
How much time ya got?

To sum it up:
A bulging disc in C5-6
A bike wreck that laid me up for 2 months
Sever tendonitis in my right shoulder (from the bulgie)

But tons of physical therapy, pain killers, a cortisone shot, and 10 pounds later...I'M BACK! Oh yea, did I mention I got badly burned by an ice pack (frost nip)? Yep, it's been a realy *fun* eight months... :roll:
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
JB

Post by JB »

i can't help... but i'll bet you bounce back fast... also, when you "get it back", can you get a little extra for me? i'm in PT for my ankle that i busted in April and have to get ready for a hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in January. YIKES!
[size=75]i may be weak, but i have bad technique[/size]
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Wow, what a bunch of boke down old climbers! :D What happened to the days of rubbing some dirt on your wounds to soak up the blood and drinking a fifth of whiskey to dull the pain while you were climbing? The other day, I was on a climb (yes, I still climb outside SOMETIMES) and I broke my damn pelvis....did I let that stop me? Hell no! I taped up and kept climbing. When I got home, I drank some Nyquil (because that shit will cure ANYTHING) mixed with a bit of beer, coffee and wing sauce and VOILA! My pelvis is fine! Now you may ask, Sik, why the strange brew? Well, first, the key to life is maintaining the balance between your caffeine and alcohol intake. Secondly, I like wing sauce. It is both delicious AND nutritious.

Just kidding guys. Get well soon.

Matt
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?