What's your VO2 max? Calc. your real respiratory condition.

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

i want my new toy back!
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Aw honey, did your new toy quit playing? Maybe you shouldn't shred it with your little claws so soon.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
fray21

Post by fray21 »

OB Juan wrote:
Here's the problem I see with the board blah blah .. insert random bull shit .. blah blah

Nice jobs jack offs.

The only real question that we should all be asking.....

What is the formula to figure out how much of a Jack Off the multi-pitch master OB Juan is??

By my calculations in the lab:

8.5 mile hike x 5.6 climbing (I heard that route was over rated, but I guess you can spray and call it 5.11 if you want) x VO2 max ... = Big GAY Jack OFF!!
k9

Post by k9 »

It's too bad you guys don't really know who you're talking about. This dude's an animal and really is a "master" at this topic (and is considered a "master" by other "masters"). You'd be embarassed if you knew the truth about his credentials and how you've responded. Then again, judging by the lack of intelligence in this thread, you're too ignorant to know you should be embarassed.

Good job on tearing down someone you don't consider part of your group and on showing how small minded you really are. Believe it or not, there is a whole big world outside the RRG!!!!! And believe it or not, there's really more to being fit than being able to climb an overhung 5.10 or 5.11 at the gorge. Granted, they're some hard ass climbs and you gotta be good to climb them, but they aren't the gauge upon which to measure all climbs everywhere, or your particular fitness level.

I'm horribly dissappointed and surprised in most of the responses from the climbers in this area. Evidently I thought better of you than I should have. But having climbed with so many of you I didn't think you had it in you to be so shallow. Guess I was wrong! Yeah, I know, I'm wasting my time so I'll stop here. You don't know the person behind this screen name so I'm sure my opion will mean nothing to you.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Seriously man, I appreciate that guy for so much you don't even know. He really did bring more to the table around here than anyone else in years.

I really can't remember seeing someone get their panties all bunched up so quickly and that makes me smile. Value add, I just hope he doesn't run and hide.
chriss

Post by chriss »

k9 wrote:It's too bad you guys don't really know who you're talking about. This dude's an animal and really is a "master" at this topic (and is considered a "master" by other "masters"). You'd be embarassed if you knew the truth about his credentials and how you've responded. Then again, judging by the lack of intelligence in this thread, you're too ignorant to know you should be embarassed.
Maybe that is the case. However, when someone will not even consider someone elses opinion or questions I just write them off as ignorant.

Maybe the dude is an animal or a so called "master" of the topic, but all I really took out of it was that he really likes to spray about his fitness, and I have a feeling hes into dudes. So exactly how well do you know him??

Honestly, the guy seems to know what hes talking about. But presentation is everything. He comes accross as a pompous prick. Its actually quite entertaining.
soccerfast007

Post by soccerfast007 »

Asalama laykum, Kumbaya (sp?), Hakuna Matata, and let bygones be bygones, can we all kiss and make up, because lets face it, it's been a while and i could use the action, my spank bank is bare.

but seriously, i check my ego at the door, and leave my heart in my other pair of pants, before entering this demolition derby of emotions, if we can just agree to disagree, and poke a little fun at ourselves in the process we may just make it.

as my roomate so aptly says: I may not be a smart man, but i know what love is.

and as i sometimes say: where the hell did i put my magic shoes, momma said they'd take me anywheres.

life is a game, you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow, but mostly you just stand near the wall and hope for a pity dance. fuck it man, lets just go bowling.
"well Sco doesn't have my peripheral vision" - mason allen reminding us all that our peripheral vision often overlooks creepy crawlers and flying things.
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam »

k9,

If he is the master of masters, then why didn't he address my questions and comments in a resonable fashion-maybe even cite some research articles or give me some expamples of his point of view. I wanted some answers and all I got was attitude.
Sniff. Sob.

I'll stand by my point of view in that if one compares the same activity (in the case
some of us were discussing about single pitch climbing) then acclimatization is going to
help more than anything. My point of view comes from my experiences.

So you and the master may hold me in contempt, but if you look back through my posts I can hardly see why except that you don't agree with me or just can't answer to what I'm saying.

In any case, it's been real....
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Yeah, and moonbeam still holds track records at UK...so there.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

hey k9 and ob...you're not from new england are you? people can't take jokes up there. you and ob need to get laid...might want to try girls that aren't bleeding from their cooch.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast