What's your VO2 max? Calc. your real respiratory condition.

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
flyinglow

Post by flyinglow »

Meadows wrote:Yasmeen, You gotta increase the weight. 500lbs might get you closer.
I am not 500 lbs! Really.
OB Juan

Post by OB Juan »

I'm guessing your forgeting the 5.10d off width or figuring it's just over rated right.
Obcessed is what lazy people call those of us who are dedicated!
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

man, i definitel try not to penetrate bleeding snatch, but it sounds like you're into that, and that's cool.

the last time i've climbed that much, is the last time i went to the valley, which would be several years ago. what does that matter? all i'm saying is that it doesn't take any kind of endurance to actually climb multpitch, though you vehemently disagree with that for some reason. maybe you only simul-climb without swinging leads at all? or maybe you count the hike into a climb as being part of your endurance factor?

you might want to check out www.realdolls.com for some more tips.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam »

OB Juan wrote:...The climb took 12.5 hours at a 5.9-5.10 rating, after hauling 60lbs. of gear 8.5 miles and up 5000 feet in elevation.

Just curious...what approach did you do that was 8.5 miles?
Toad

Post by Toad »

Horatio Felacio wrote:man, i definitel try not to penetrate bleeding snatch, but it sounds like you're into that, and that's cool.
OB Moses - the 47 year old name caller that wants women to comment on his tampon estimates.
Last edited by Toad on Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

cool I am so glad I finally got to read this whole fun thread. Gotta love rrc.com

OK so I will some it up.

As pigsteak said, only elite climbers really need to be concerned with VO2 max. So if you can not onsite 5.12(or 5.13 for that matter) then the last thing you need to worry about is your VO2 max, just climb more until you can onsite 5.12/5.13. And as Moonbeam said, if you are an elite climber you peobably already have a good VO2 max and acclimation is the only thing you need to worry when climbing at high elevation.

I let HO sum up the tampon stuff, that's his turf.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

i'm going to assume this is another belittling, "I know way more about fitness than you douchebags do" thread.

I might start up and complementary usurper thread!
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

I have to agree with rhunt/ pigsteak et al (my resources). Unless you really suck at climbing (by Red River Standards, where the break in grade is still 5.10a, despite the Red having a few more moderates now easier than 5.10), climbing 5.10/5.11 shouldn't require that much cardio fitness.
Now, don't get me wrong. I have seen people huffing and puffing on 5.9's and 5.10's in the Red, but, like I said, they really sucked at climbing, or were just very unfit.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam »

Ahhhh, man. You guys made OB Juan so mad that he edited his initial post and took away the formula to figure your very own VO2 Maxxx. He givith and he taketh away.

I think it was: 3.5 + (483/time in minutes)= VOhhhhtwo Maxxxxxx

There. Right back where it belongs.
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

V02max.. that's a cool energy drink, right?
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins