The non-climbing photography thread.

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Mazz

Post by Mazz »

Ouray, CO
www.lightontheland.com
Toy

Post by Toy »

You got skillz Brian!
young'n climber

Post by young'n climber »

What kind of camera/s are you working with?
Alan Evil is a whiney fucking bitch.
_____

The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers.
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

More importantly what kind of lenses/filters do you use and how much of it is processing? It looks to me like you use a polarizing filter to great effect.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
Mazz

Post by Mazz »

Most of the stuff I have shot over the years has been with a now lowly Nikon N90. Last year I bought an F100 off of ebay for next to nothing and just a few months ago I went with a digital body. All in all, the body doesn't matter much for landscape photography.

Lenses - previously a mix of modest glass. I just had to learn how to work with the limitations of each lens and how to maximize the positive aspects. The nice thing about inexpensive lenses is that you don't have to be too careful with them. Lately, I have upgraded a few. Again, ebay has been a big help.

Filters - Polarizer when it's called for. 81A "warming" filter for when shooting under blueish light. Split neutral density filter when it's needed.

Post processing - Not much. The game is to get it right when the shutter button is pressed. I usually do just a very little of messing with contrast, brightness and saturation. I want things to look good, but I don't want to make something that my eye/mind didn't see.
www.lightontheland.com
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

Nikon. 'Nuf said.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
Mazz

Post by Mazz »

Gold King Basin, CO
www.lightontheland.com
Mazz

Post by Mazz »

Alta Lakes, CO
www.lightontheland.com
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

Mazz, those photos are simply amazing.
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
dmw

Post by dmw »

The pic from Alta Lakes looks exactly like the happy place in my head that I go to when my students are trying to make me insane.... Wow, it really does exist!