Are there bears in the gorge?

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
Glenrider

Post by Glenrider »

Should anyone personally see or hear (from a reputable source) of a bear's presence in the RRG. They should immediately contact the Stanton USFS by phone or email:

(606)663-2852
Ranger Jim Twaroski
jtwaroski@fs.fed.us

They are extremely interested in any and all information on this subject.

Sadly, there are numerous "pranks" pulled on them. If you feel one coming on yourself -- try Stamp or Coin Collecting instead. It'll take up your spare time and you'll have something to show for it.
[i]Semper Exploro[/i]
www.redriversaga.com
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

Yes, but you have to stop in Wincester or the trailer past torrent to get them. Oh wait. Wrong spelling. :wink:
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

There are bears. Bob Callahan told me so...but also, I heard it from another couple sources as well. All reliable...

Plus, in my super secret climbing watershed I get eerie feelings all the time that there are large omnivores lurking about.
There is no TEAM in I
ynot

Post by ynot »

thats just Demonthenes ,stalking you. or the ghost of the mayor.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
maine

Post by maine »

We lived in the gorge for quite a few years and still own a cabin and property there. I can assure you that there are definitely bears in the gorge. We saw one on more than one occaision rummaging through our trash. One even scared the sh!t out of a friend one night when he went to his truck for something. He was at the front and the bear was at the rear. Thankfully the bear was just as surprised as he was and took off. :shock:
mazzystr

Post by mazzystr »

it kentucky! where do you think all that beef [bear?] jerkey at the shell station comes from?
ynot

Post by ynot »

bruisebro is the only bear I've met.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
flashmaster

Post by flashmaster »

There was a bear in Miguels campground a few years back knocked over trashcans and whatnot. Ask Ghetto Chris about it. He saw it first hand
Bruisebrother

Post by Bruisebrother »

Sorry, I was looking for a lost (-----), I was going to clean up the mess but Chris ran me off.
GWG

Post by GWG »

I think this is one of the funniest threads I've seen concerning bears.

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/viewtop ... sc&start=0