trad climbing video - dosage 4

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
merrick

trad climbing video - dosage 4

Post by merrick »

Here is something you all might be interested in.

An unknown climber named Tommy Caldsomething climbed some large boulder twice in a day. Josh got it on film.

Check out the 5 minute teaser:

http://www.bigupproductions.com/

Under extras

Josh's official email says,
We are putting the finishing touches on Dosage Volume IV, and it's looking great... DVDs will be shipping at the end of September, and a trailer and pre-ordering will be up on our site in two weeks.

One of the Doses featured in Volume IV is Two In A Day, which documents Tommy Caldwell's incredible Yosemite linkup of two El Capitan free routes in one day. Caldwell climbed both The Nose (5.14a, 30 pitches) and Freerider (5.12d, 37 pitches) for a total of 6,000 feet of hard climbing in 23 hours, 23 minutes. Big UP had five cameramen documenting this incredible feat, and the resulting Dose, Two In A Day, is one of the most inspiring things we've shot.

Today we launched a five minute excerpt from Two In A Day on the
Big UP Site. The clip shows Caldwell sending The Nose's Great Roof pitch (5.13c), the first difficult pitch of his marathon day. Please visit the site and check out the Extras Section to watch the clip, read the story and check out some photos.
Back from the Dead!
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Nice! Thanks for the link, Merrick - this should really psych people up for the showing of Dosage Volume IV the Friday eve of Rocktoberfest weekend!
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
merrick

Post by merrick »

i will be there!!!
Back from the Dead!
charlie

Post by charlie »

merrick wrote:i will be there!!!
Fuckin A Right!!!!!!!!!!
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Umm, isn't anyone excited that Dario and Bentley got this for us for Rocktoberfest?
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
charlie

Post by charlie »

Spragwa wrote:Umm, isn't anyone excited that Dario and Bentley got this for us for Rocktoberfest?
Fuckin A Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RRO

Post by RRO »

cant wait to see the new dose ! josh and company are for sure top dogs when it come to making climbing flicks.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
dmw

Post by dmw »

oh cool..... I didn't know that. What'd Dario have to do to get this one? Dare I ask? :)
SciFiSanta

Post by SciFiSanta »

THATS INSANE!!!!