John Bachar

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
gbarnett

Post by gbarnett »

Is it just me, or do most super human climbers get killed or maimed in car wrecks?
merrick

Post by merrick »

man that is really sad, i hope that John and anastatia fully recover and work through the mental trauma...
Back from the Dead!
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

suckola.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

I have the video of him on Astroman (IIRC) ... Outstanding ... The one where he plays the Sax at the top ... :!:

Speaking of VIDEO ... I got something I found the other day. < grin >
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

john bachar has also down-soloed the nose on el cap. at one point, he was about to fall around the great roof area, so a helicopter showed up to rescue him out. he started playing the sax at very peculiar frequencies and the helicopter crashed. not many people know about this because he doesn't like being in the mags.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
haas

Post by haas »

John's condition has now stabalized but he doesn't have any health insurance. To find out more about it or if anyone is interested in donating money, check out the link below

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/colorado/105851153
Astroman

Post by Astroman »

Is it just me or is it incredibly irresponsible that Bachar didn't have health insurance at the time of his unfortunate car crash... ESPECIALLY doing what he does for a living?? Based on the description of his injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a $40,000 hospital bill...

That said, I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery.

For everyone out there that doesn't have health insurance (or thinks they can't afford it); do yourself, your family, and your friends a favor and GET IT... as this sad accident illustrates, anything can happen.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

people also argue it is higly irresponsible to climb, period, if you have a spouse or kids who depend on you. so skip the insurance, and quit climbing.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
gulliver

Post by gulliver »

Astroman wrote: (or thinks they can't afford it)
See, here's where you lose them. Maybe they simply can't.

If it's just a responsibility/irresponsibility thing, maybe it's more irresponsible for you to venture out amongst so many irresponsible people. According to the CDC in 2005, 41.2 million.

http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r060621.htm
512OW

Post by 512OW »

pigsteak wrote:people also argue it is higly irresponsible to climb, period, if you have a spouse or kids who depend on you. so skip the insurance, and quit climbing.
Yes, but people are uneducated. Its much more irresponsible to drive a car on a public roadway than it is to climb.

Bachar wasn't climbing when it happened, so I'm not sure where that came into the argument anyhow.....
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com