suggestions for SHORT visiting climber

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
pkc

suggestions for SHORT visiting climber

Post by pkc »

Looking for route suggestions that are mid 12's that tend to NOT be reachy. Am 5' 2". Any suggestions? Thanks.
Paul
kafish2

Post by kafish2 »

im 5'4 and really havent found too many routes that grade range that are an issue... i know it is kind of a backwards way to answer your request but I think the nature of the rock here lends itself to there being intermidate crap holds between what most people use that will get you through anything reachy.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

The red is the ultimate climbing destination for shorties. If you are tall add 3 letter grades to everything. All the good climbers here are short for a reason. Get on dogleg its easy if your short.
Living the dream
maine

Post by maine »

You have a lower center of gravity and most likely smaller fingers. Never complain about what you do or don't have. The routes at the Red are all good! Have only been on a couple of routes at the Red that are height dependant. The direct start to Table of Colors and the bottom move on Super Slab.
Take that Katie Brown apparently has a huge dyno as well but I have not been on that one.
BTW I am also 5'2" and a girl. :wink:
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

check your grip, ro shampo, gun ho, Hippocrit ( amust do if your short) Pine, and maybe...........?????? fuck nothings reachy. Dogleg prhaps. Andrew you can be such a little dick for beimg soooo f'n tall.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

Kafish2 is on the mark. Just look for a line you like and go for it. All the classics are doable for the shorter person, just ask Kafish2.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

Andrew wrote:The red is the ultimate climbing destination for shorties. If you are tall add 3 letter grades to everything. All the good climbers here are short for a reason. Get on dogleg its easy if your short.
Now I finally have en excuse for why I suck.
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Anti, you sure are a pot calling the kettle black. I couldn't tell you how many times I have heard the words dick and "anti" in the same sentence. Dick! I hope the kids make fun of you there, and you cry yourself to sleep everynight dreaming about me.
Living the dream
der uber

Post by der uber »

defender wrote:Kafish2 is on the mark. Just look for a line you like and go for it. All the classics are doable for the shorter person, just ask Kafish2.
Defender is right on point.

Plus, short has its advantages, too.
charbee13

Post by charbee13 »

height isnt really a factor just ask katie