John Bachar

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Spragwa

John Bachar

Post by Spragwa »

I take great honor in announcing that John Bachar will appear at Rocktoberfest 2006. Mr. Bachar will present a slideshow on Saturday evening, October 14. Please spread the word.

And a big thanks to Hoosier Heights/Josh Thurston and family for sponsoring Mr. Bachard's show!
Last edited by Spragwa on Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast

Post by Guest »

who the hell is John Bachard?
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

You're a mod..just edit :wink:
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast

Post by Guest »

I prefer to ridicule :P
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

you're both rug munching hippies.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Johnny Rock! Rad! I was reading John Gill's site on the history of one arm strength and John Bachar is mentioned prominently.
For those who don't know, John Bachar brought the standard for free climbing to a new level in the 1980's. He was a free soloist, who challenged anyone who could follow him for a day of soloing with a $10,000 prize. He never had any takers.
He also took a very hard line on the change in the ethics of climbing with the advent of sport climbing and rap bolting. He very much towed the traditionalist line, spurning rap bolting and previewing/ preprotection. He walked the walk. he did the first solo of a 5.13, Father Figure in Josh.
The dude had strong opinions that were devisive back in the day. I am really excited that he has chosen to go of a speakng tour. I can not wait to see his presentation.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Thanks Goodguy. That is good stuff.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

I thought Scott Franklin was the first American to solo 5.13, in the Gunks, who cares? right?
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Hey, did you know that John Bachar is named after a piece of training apparatus called the Bachar Ladder? :D

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
Don McGlone

Post by Don McGlone »

the lurkist wrote:He also took a very hard line on the change in the ethics of climbing with the advent of sport climbing and rap bolting.
Man, he'll really love the Gorge.
Shedding off one more layer of skin
Keeping one step ahead of the persecutor within