Fixed Gear Anchor Failed ..

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
ynot

Post by ynot »

You take your chances lowering from lots of trad routes at the Red. Just because someone put slings around something doesn't mean its bomber.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
neuroshock

Post by neuroshock »

yeah, i remember cleaning off a couple of the ratty slings on Attack of the Sand Shark and adding my own piece of yellow webbing a couple of years ago. i left a couple cams right under the chock as backup, weighted the anchor on rap, and moved/bounced around a bit to see if it shifted at all. then removed my backups and gently rapped.
Sketch

Post by Sketch »

FYI - The "anchors" on Green Corner and Crackadile are totally sketch too. They consist of slings around loose/rattly boulders.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Wow! someone has done those two since Me and Di did them. There wasn't anything there then and theres no need. Theres suposed to be a walk off.
There's also a nice little tree. Did you TR Iron Cross? It's pretty cool.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yeah Green Corner gets lots of traffic. The only time we went there we actually ran into another group! I'd be sketched to trust much on that ledge, better to just walk off.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.