Cams - BD vs Wild Country Tech Friends

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

The two or three largest sizes in the WC Zeros are awesome.
Living the dream
Sketch

Post by Sketch »

I've had both BD cams and Wild Country cams for about 10 years now. I've had to replace the trigger wires on a few BD cams at 4 or 5 times but the triggers on my WC's are still going strong.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

If I had to do it all again, I'd get Metolius TCUs (double on the yellow, red, and orange sizes, one of the blue and gray) for small stuff, a set of nuts, a set of tri-cams up to 3, and Camalots for the rest.
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
ReluctantHoosier

Post by ReluctantHoosier »

I went with the Camalots (.5 through 4 with doubles on 1, 2, 3) to supplement nuts, tri-cams, and hexes. Real happy so far but definitely need some small cams. Leaning towards some WC Zeros.
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

FYI, WC is coming out with a longer stemed version of the Zeros. I think that they are around but you might have to hunt a little harder for them.
Screw you guys. I'm going bowling.
hearn

Post by hearn »

tcu's are way more durable than the zeros
Bashie

Post by Bashie »

Don't forget about the forged friends. This is really the most bang for the buck. $28 at pagan gear. Yeah, tech friends may be better for #1 and smaller, where the stem can get jammed, but for 1.5 and up, this isn't really an issue. If I had it to do over, I would get #1, #2 camalots, perhaps doubles, then a set of forged friends 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4. Cut the sling off of the end, and tie on a loop of spectra 5.5 mm cord in the little hole near the cams. BD camalot juniors are really junk(in terms of durability) compared to this forged friend setup - WC forged lasts forever- just change the spectra every 10 years. And this tied-off friend system is the best to prevent "walking". The BD #5 camalot rocks for big cracks.