FS ROAD 9 CURRENT STATUS

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
tajl

Post by tajl »

Christian wrote:Trivia question: does anyone know what the first literary mention of the word "yahoos" was?
Gulliver's Travel?
Thierry L.
Christian

Post by Christian »

tajl wrote:
Christian wrote:Trivia question: does anyone know what the first literary mention of the word "yahoos" was?
Gulliver's Travel?
That is correct!
What was the most disgusting thing they did?
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu
Glenrider

Post by Glenrider »

Been a long time since I read it. But was it, "Pissing on him [Gulliver] from a tree"? or something of that order. Yahoos were humaniod and primitive -- the intelligent creatures were the talking horses of that particular island. Is that correct?
[i]Semper Exploro[/i]
www.redriversaga.com
gulliver

Post by gulliver »

they were very bad people, but I was on drugs at the time
Glenrider

Post by Glenrider »

As J-Rock reported in another thread. FS Road 9 Repair Work has started this week. We checked with the USFS at the Stanton Office of the Cumberland Ranger District for an update. Plans have been moved up. Construction has begun and should continue for a couple more weeks or so. Opening of the Road should occur around Mid-May. Exact date posted here when we get it.

To read Ranger Jim Twaroski's E-mail message Hit this Link:
http://redriversaga.topcities.com/recon.html
[i]Semper Exploro[/i]
www.redriversaga.com
ynot

Post by ynot »

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

ynot wrote:sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
Ditto! It's not a bad hike but driving is easier.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
Rags

Post by Rags »

I'm for keeping that road closed for another couple of years. and I am little surprised that you are a proponent of opening it back, alan--especially after your personal experiences back there in vehicles.

I take my kid for walks back there--the closed road makes pleasant walking with a two year old and the fishing is great...
Zspider

Post by Zspider »

Glenrider wrote:

As J-Rock reported in another thread. FS Road 9 Repair Work has started this week. We checked with the USFS at the Stanton Office of the Cumberland Ranger District for an update. Plans have been moved up. Construction has begun and should continue for a couple more weeks or so. Opening of the Road should occur around Mid-May. Exact date posted here when we get it.

Great news! I've had some great times back at the Purple Valley.

ZSpider
Glenrider

Post by Glenrider »

FS Road 9 Repairs are Completed. The USFS at the Stanton Office of the Cumberland Ranger District tells us they wish to examine the area some more before officially opening the road. "Mid-May" remains the timeframe stated by them.

For All New Photos of the Completed Repairs to FS Road 9 Hit this Link:
http://redriversaga.topcities.com/recon.html
[i]Semper Exploro[/i]
www.redriversaga.com