What's wrong with this picture?

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
ynot

Post by ynot »

There's two bolts and I brought Al up off them,but yes I was only hooked in with a chain of cams. It's the top of the first pitch of Totem and theres enough ledge there to stand comfortably. the big thing is the helmit. the top of skyline traverse is above and its a 150 foot or more ramp that funnels loose rock onto the Candy corner area. we did it the next day and I understood perfectly about wearing a skull hat at Seneca. Nobody noticed that my backup knot had come undone.
I can't wait to go back to Seneca or somewhere with some great multipitch.Devils Tower would be the shiznickity.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
alien2

Post by alien2 »

Where's the beer? You need a frosty one at belays. Duh that's a nobrainer.
You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

~ Napoleon Dynamite
Christian

Post by Christian »

there is nothing wrong with that picture.
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu
Legion

Post by Legion »

A bowline on a bight would have been the ticket. Clip a loop to each bolt and equalize. You can do the same thing with a two loop figure eight.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

devils tower and seneca both suck....unless climbing 5.4 mank is your game.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

ynot wrote:
Devils Tower would be the shiznickity.
Now you've done it! I just hurt my ankle!

Kiddin'! :P

Let's go!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
everready

Post by everready »

pigsteak wrote:devils tower and seneca both suck....unless climbing 5.4 mank is your game.
But it's a great place to learn multi-pitch.
Sig? I don't need no stinkin' sig!
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

Mmmmmmmmmm, 5.4 mank.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
alien2

Post by alien2 »

What's wong with the date today
You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

~ Napoleon Dynamite
Steve

Post by Steve »

pigsteak wrote:devils tower and seneca both suck....unless climbing 5.4 mank is your game.
Ahhh come on now piggie Seneca has more than 5.4 mank. Its just that everybody goes there to climb the 5.4 mank! People will line up to do 5.easy to a summit.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.