Best View in the Red

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

young'n climber wrote:The top of one of Joe Hanes Obscure bolted routes in the middle of Nowhere out in the Southern Region. It climbs this beautiful arete for about 80 some feet to a set of anchors and a big sitdown ledge above them. You can see pretty much the whole southern region from up there. I believe Yas has been on the climb as well.
Good call, young'n. I'd have to agree with you on that. The route is sweet, it tops out, and the view is incredible.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

weber wrote:
it's a nice panorama
Just a tad understated there, Rick! Awesome!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
chh

Post by chh »

I like Into Purple Valley. You can't see any roads, at least in the summer, and you don't really hear as much noise.
MartyV

Post by MartyV »

I'd 2nd that! Did Into Purple Valley last Sat. Nice top out and really nice climb. You can see for miles with several other cliffs in the distance.
Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

I think Its a wonderful life....THE ORIGINAL anchors....man it was a beauty! :mrgreen:
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
Bruisebrother

Post by Bruisebrother »

Climb 'Into the Purple Valley' in the fall at the height of leaf color. Top out at sunset and you'll know why it's called Purple Valley. My first time was 18 years ago and I remember it like yesterday!
ynot

Post by ynot »

Hmm I thought it was the purple flowers, lubella I think it's called.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
soccerfast007

Long Time since Compton...best view in gorge

Post by soccerfast007 »

In the Southern region, there are some great new routes, among them is a 10B slab route called "long time since compton" (i think), which offers one of the best views of the region I have ever seen, the route is only 90 feet or so, but it is so exposed at the anchors, and you can sit down and top belay while taking it all in, awesome climb 5 stars!
"well Sco doesn't have my peripheral vision" - mason allen reminding us all that our peripheral vision often overlooks creepy crawlers and flying things.
dmw

Post by dmw »

At the top of Game Boy at Long Wall there is a pretty view. Also, from There's No Place Like Home
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

Top of the See Rocks
There is no TEAM in I