Camping New river gorge???

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
DaggerX

Camping New river gorge???

Post by DaggerX »

Anyone know a cheap or free spot to camp at the new, besides at the dam? I dont want to stay at rogers because he now charges 6$ a night. Are the river camping spots still open that are on public land? I just read about them.

Thanks alot DaggerX
kato

Post by kato »

Those river spots were open as of last fall. Also, I think the policy at the New is the same as at the Red, you can camp anywhere as long as you are 100 yds from the cliff line, established path, or water source.
M.
No chalkbag since 1995.
MiaRock

Post by MiaRock »

i can't believe roger's cost $6 a night, man there is nothing like miguel's is there. heaps cheaper and heaps nicer!

mia
excellent point mia....you are correct. ~ Pigsteak
rhino

Post by rhino »

$6 wouldn't be bad if he had more than 2 flat spots to put your tent.
"Hookers and drugs man. Money can't buy happiness but it's really hard not to smile when you're in a cheap hotel room surrounded by hookers and drugs." ~ Charlie
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

How's the theft situation at the New? I haven't been out there, but I've heard a few stories of car break-ins.
Bacon is meat candy.
Party Boy

Post by Party Boy »

Often you can camp at the river companies for cheap, they have showers too :lol:
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." (John Muir)
DaggerX

Post by DaggerX »

Party. I know about the river company's I work at Ace. But they dont care for drinking in the camp grounds and I want to have some fun. Also if you want to take a shower just drive to one of the larger company's Rivers ect... That have many showers, just drive in like you are going rafting with their company and take a shower and the go back to your camp site.

DaggerX
Party Boy

Post by Party Boy »

Hi dagger. I trained at ACE last summer, but left early due to funds (or lack of). Maybe I have met you? Sorry about the useless beta, I did not know about your problem.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:30 am.
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." (John Muir)