Progress and Scope

brad mc

Post by brad mc »

Meadows wrote:I might've mentioned this before, and I was able to do this my current company, but a lot of companies match donations to organizations that benefity humanity and the environment. And many employees do not know this so once we're official, we could bring this to everyone's attention to see if it's a possibility with their company.
beware...dont count the matching checks till you get them in hand and put them in the bank.

i am dealing with one bank that is supposed to be matching $1,000.

they have dragged their heels the whole way... and just when i am ready to call the local consumer hotline and report them... they beg for more time.

lame. point is.. some of the matching contributors dont match as quickly as you want them to. If you count those $$ as part of your goal... you will be working on your next land project before you get the $$.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I have more schwag. Tolly Ho will give us gift certificates. Dodd's cyclery should give us something. Kennedy book store said no but I'll ask RRO about maybe getting stuff from ecampus.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Cool, Morgain and thanks for the info Brad.

I got the date secured in April for the UK fundraiser. It's the third Wednesday from 6:30pm-8pm. I'll post the details on my events page when I get home (I'm out of town 'til next Wednesday).
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

another small update:

i've got in touch with the group that was helping renovate homes around the nada area last year. it's a church group based out of louisville and she's going to get back with me with their plans for this summer. they're always looking for volunteers and i'm going to try work something out with climbers helping them. (oh.. the program they run is called "mountain hope" and it's focused on the area in and around nada. some info on their program http://www.royallane.org/mission06/grap ... packet.pdf)

also, was talking with matt this weekend and we're going to try to run a small event for the kids; maybe a water day, maybe a rock day.. we'll see what will work out. i don't think it should be too hard to get lunch provided and i've had enough interest from climbers about helping out that volunteers shouldn't be a problem either. i'm also hoping to run a food/clothing drive or two this year.. so we'll what happens.. might not be a bad idea to have one around easter time..?

anyway, there's that and i'm putting together and enewsletter. it should be decent.. i have a paper one put together but it's not nearly as good.. i'm trying to put an article in there about placing bomber protection.. in the pmrp. saying something like "pieces like this don't fail" or something. anyone have any ideas on ways to play with the acronym "serene"? i've got

secure
everyone (it's for everyone)
r
expanding (more new routes with potential for more)
n
e

anyway, i'm done. sorry i've been absent from most stuff.. work's been a little crazy..
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

another thing:

i've been in touch with a guy from uky about setting up a scholarship for kids in the area. he's going to give me some numbers and such to look over next week regarding what it would take to get a full/just tuition/just board/half tuition scholarship endowed. i'll let you know what it looks like when i get it..
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins