Climbing Rope Floor Mat

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

That's beautiful!
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
John E

Post by John E »

charlie wrote:
I'll post something soon for the auction, as long as you have ropes to retire why not get a mat and drop some cash for the PMRP? :wink:
I have an old 10.2 60m rope that I'd use for a mat to help the PMRP. Let me know how much it would cost?
Life's too short to drink cheap beer or cheap coffee.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

How long does one of those take to make, Charlie?
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
charlie

Post by charlie »

I think I've finally managed to get the technique dialed so if there are no mistakes (where I have to unite and retie) it's a couple evenings, maybe 8 hours.

I was thinking starting the bid around 50 bucks unless I have to supply the rope? That sound fair to you guys?
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I'd up it to $100. Those are sweet and you can't buy one anywhere.
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

Would those cheap ropes they sell at Lowe's, Harbour Freight, etc. hold up to use as a mat? At Bargain Supply here in Looserville they get woven nylon rope on reels for pretty cheap... and charlie, if it takes you 8 hours to make one then you should start at $200. That kind of craftsmanship shouldn't be cheap and it's for a good cause. Make 'em pay for it!
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
charlie

Post by charlie »

I managed to get a bunch of stuff finished that's been worrying me lately so here's the auction item for a woven rope mat, 100 bucks if you provide the rope, will do as many of these as I can for the PMRP.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/auction ... php?ao=115