Running

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.

How many of ya'll out there run?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:50 pm

Once a week.
3%
Twice a week.
26%
Three or more times a week.
39%
What's running and why would I do something so agonizing like running?!
32%

Total votes: 31

redpointron

Post by redpointron »

tsparks wrote:
Steve wrote:Oh is anyone around here running the Derby marathon this year? Looks to be sorta fun, they let you into the Downs to run around the infield. Plus you get to run across one of the bridges into Indiana and back.
I ran it last year. Actually getting to go into Churchill and Indiana are both new, so I can't comment on them, but other than that the first half of the marathon is awesome. Lots of runners and fan support, plus you are getting to run through a pretty nice part of Louisville, but the second half is the exact opposite. Overall, it was a fun race and I do plan to do it again.
i will be there again this year... 8)

regards

r.r.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

kd

thanks for that story...alot of us can relate.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Damn KD, 40 marathons? That is rad. That is some serious motivation. You have my respect. (you had it already, but now if I am more deferential, you will know why!)
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
local

Post by local »

i run alot, but i have noticed that if you run alot beware of burning climbing muscle. if you aren't taking in high amounts food its easy to loss the muscle. Trail running is the best, for your body i think. i hate music in running it stop's you from hearing your breathing level. With music i tend to breath out of step. Anyone wont to race to the top of natural bridge?
Christy

Post by Christy »

Wes, I read a study once that showed that people could exercise for a longer period of time if they listen to mellow music. The theory is that the faster music causes you heart rate to increase too much & wears people out quicker. I thought that was pretty interesting considering most people I know like to listen to more upbeat or "angry" music while exercising. I suppose with running the difference could be whether or not you are a sprinter or training for long distance.
When I run I love to be on the trail, the road just tortures my mental ablility to stick with it. I got out of running for about a year & last summer I tried to pick it up again. I couldn't figure out why I felt so crappy running & why it was completely wiping me out. That's when I found out I was pregnant! Then I decided this was no time to push myself so hard. I'm ready to have this baby & get back in shape this spring. Running is definatley part of my game plan.
"God dammit why can't we just get some beer!!!"~~Tamara
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

local..you're on.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I also think women should be cautious running with headphones on. You cannot hear a potential stalker or rapist. Women are extraordinarily vulnerable it they aren't aware. Of course, I used to run with a 75 pound body guard. But not everyone has that option.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Steve

Post by Steve »

Got a sweet run in at Raven Run today. A couple of laps on the red trail with the a first lap detour on the orange trail. Stupid orange trail. Everytime I go to Raven Run I get turned around and off route. I had an easier time finding my way around Venice. But damn that Raven Run is a nice training ground for trail running, beats driving to the Gorge to run on trails I've hiked a dozen times that is for sure.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

why were you running instead of climbing on such a wonderful day? seems like thta is backwards. save the runs for the crappy days.
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

running?.. oh yeah! that thing i do when i'm at the crag and realize i forgot gear back at the car..
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins