maps

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
Huggybone

maps

Post by Huggybone »

I'm looking for topo maps that outline FS land. I'd like to get an electronic version so I van manipulate it to suit my needs. Anybody know where I can find one?
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

Not sure where you can get an electronic one. The best and most up to date for the Stanton Ranger Dist is on the wall in the office in Stanton. They color in with green highlighter after acquiring new parcels.

The maps on topo zone do not show land ownership unfortunately.
There is no TEAM in I
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

www.delorme.com

Check out DeLorme Topo USA Version 5.0
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
corduroy

Post by corduroy »

im pretty sure ky has digital renderings of the areas that you want

ill ask around wed at work

and post up what i can then

if not i may be able to pull from our data base and get it to you that way
discojett

Post by discojett »

Learn how to use this...
http://kygeonet.ky.gov/metadataexplorer/

Topo quads (DRG's in GIS speak), aerials...whatever you need. Its all right here. Free.
Southern Utah - Where the women are men and the sheep are scared
Huggybone

Post by Huggybone »

I noticed, In ray's guide, that the maps on the inside cover have 'USFS GIS boundary data' as a source.

I don't think I can drop $100 for a map, no matter how good it is!
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

I'm in my remote sensing class now. The guy that teaches it works for the KY state gov and can get anything related to maps, aerials, satellite, etc. I'll ask him when I get a break.
There is no TEAM in I
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

You can download Kentucky digital USGS topos for free here: http://kymartian.ky.gov/drgmaps/
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

The maps at the Stanton Ranger Dist office in Winchester are no where near $100.
Really nice maps too. Not electronic, but nice none the less.
Haven't dug into the links posted on this thread yet, but plan too as soon as I am done typing this.
I want a GIS thingie this year...explorin' time.
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

Artsay wrote:You can download Kentucky digital USGS topos for free here: http://kymartian.ky.gov/drgmaps/
These don't show land ownership, just general landcover- forest and non-forest. It will probably have Nat'l Forest Boundary, but the boundary doesn't designate ownership. There is private land within the NF.

Best bet is the USGS paper quads and then update them by going to Stanton and looking at the map on the wall in the back hallway.
There is no TEAM in I