On a lighter note . . .

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
GWG

On a lighter note . . .

Post by GWG »

In a sermon, a minister began, "Dear Lord,," with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. "without you, we are but dust."

He would have continued but at that moment a little girl leaned over to her mother and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mommy, what is butt dust?"

Happy New Year everyone. May each day start with a smile! :)
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Phone conversation:

IRS Agent: Hello, is this Father Mahoney of St. Andrews?
Father Mahoney: It is.
IRS Agent: This is Mr. Dunbar of the IRS. Would you help me, Sir?
Father Mahoney: I'll try.
IRS Agent: Is John Fitzpatrick a member of your parish?
Father Mahoney: He is.
IRS Agent: Did Mr. Fitzpatrick donate $10,000 to your church?
Father Mahoney: He will!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
strum

Post by strum »

A man is struck by a bus on a busy street in New York City. He lies dying on the sidewalk as a crowd of spectators gathers around. "A priest. Somebody get me a priest!" the man gasps. A policeman checks the crowd ---- no priest, no minister, no man of God of any kind. "A PRIEST, PLEASE!" the dying man says again. Then out of the crowd steps a little old Jewish man of at least eighty years of age. "Mr. Policeman," says the man, "I'm not a priest. I'm not even a Catholic. But for fifty years now I'm living behind St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church on First Avenue, and every night I'm listening to the Catholic litany. Maybe I can be of some comfort to this man." The policeman agreed and brought the octogenarian over to where the dying man lay. He kneels down, leans over the injured and says in a solemn voice:

"B-4. I-19. N-38. G-54. O-72. . ."

[Explanation for Baptists, Brethren, Methodists etc.: they're Bingo numbers!].
4679 posts sine my last visit... I've been skiing too much