Can't get no hot love

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Meadows

Can't get no hot love

Post by Meadows »

From my thermos. I just can't find a thermos that works and that makes me sad when I have to drink cold coffee. Any recommendations? Are the Starbucks thermoses good?
alien2

Post by alien2 »

Even though you hurt my feelings with the tiny penis comment I'll help you out.

Get the stainless steel vacuum lining type. Before you fill it up with hot coffee, chocolate, etc. boil some water in the microwave in a Pyrex measuring cup and pour the boiling water in the thermos. Let it sit for 15 minutes to preheat the thermos. Then pour out the hot water and fill with your favorite hot beverage. It will keep hot most of the day.
You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

~ Napoleon Dynamite
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Thanks, sounds like a good tip. And it was only verbal jousting - I can say that because I don't know (and you don't need to tell us).
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

Starbucks thermoses suck. I haven't seen one yet that doesn't leak at the top seal after a short while. And they don't keep your stuff warm long enough. Vacuum is the way to go without a doubt.
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
strum

Post by strum »

I have a great littls EMS vaccum thermos, if preheated that sucker will keep beverages hot for like 15 hours!

it is old as god, but they probably still make them
4679 posts sine my last visit... I've been skiing too much
ynot

Post by ynot »

A pour through lid will help it stay hot longer too. I have always used the big stanley steel thermos but I notice some of them work better than others, There are cheap knock offs out there. You get what you pay for. It's pretty indestructable
but I always loose the cup then it gets knocked off something and the lid shatters every time.You can get replacements.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

I've got two Thermos brand stainless ones and they'll keep your coffee hot until well into the afternoon if you preheat them.

Next time you stop by the Flying J or other big truck stop get yourself a heated mug. I've got one and for long trips it rocks. If your coffee is a little cool just plug in your mug and wait a few minutes...
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

L. L. Bean sells a nice thermos.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
KD

Post by KD »

i have a steel Stanley thermos, like the construction workers use. It will keep coffee or soup hot for a long time if it's in the car. outside it will keep coffee hot until about midday or so. pretty cheap too if i recall correctly. i've had it for about a dozen years or so and wouldn't think of going without it a lot of times.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

shouldn't you folks be climbing, and not spraying around the ole thermos?

geesh, sack it up, and freaking put ice cubes in your drawers.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.