Your $$$ Needed To Keep The Southern Region Open

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

Would you pay $75 per year for the next seven years to keep the Southern Region open?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 106

John E

Post by John E »

I've tried several times this afternoon and evening to access the PayPal link and keep getting errors. I guess I'll have to try from a different PC tomorrow.
Life's too short to drink cheap beer or cheap coffee.
StephyG

Post by StephyG »

Thanks for the ton of work you're doing Bill!! :)
captain static

Post by captain static »

You mean ton of work we are doing. Shannon & myself are regular LAC attendees as representatives of the RRGCC. Climbers Dwight Bradburn and Chris Carr are also regular attendees. Steve Kaufmann and Jim Holzman have been attending on and off and are following the process. There are several more climbers who, while unable to attend meetings, are also following what is going on.

The PMRP purchase is a huge priority and challenge for RRG climbers but we need to continue to be mindful of the challenges of maintaining access on public land too.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

I just did this to buy a Christmas present for my nature loving friends. They're very supportive of climbing and are psyched at this idea and the print they'll receive.

And when the present-buying season is over, I plan to put more in the pot. I want to see Dr. Bob out climbing more often!!!!

Mazz wrote:
If you buy image #14012 (Natural Bridge) in the 12" x 18" size from:
http://lightontheland.com/nature_photography_6.html
I'll donate the total sale (less $12.00 for packaging, shipping, etc.) to the RRGCC fund.

That image, that size. I'll do it for the next 5 orders I get for it or until
Friday afternoon. Just reference your screen name on the Paypal invoice.

So, get with your climbing friends and make a donation. You get your Red River Gorge area print and your friends help out the Coalition.
captain static

Post by captain static »

Artsay's post over on the SCC BBS http://www.seclimbers.org/modules.php?n ... 37&start=0 is continuing to generate interst and some interesting discussion :wink: Also due to the post Brad McLeod has responded with a pledge of overall assistance to the RRGCC in regards to fundraising. We had spoken with Brad earlier this year about getting together when he was planning a road trip to the RRG but he had to cancel.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
skibum

Post by skibum »

I was going to go shopping today and buy something useless for my son and partner but I'm writing a check to rrgcc instead. merry christmas grady!!
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Great! :D
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
pgmarker

Post by pgmarker »

So I guess that means I should just send money to RRGCC instead of getting you a gift. Merry Christmas!:D
skibum

Post by skibum »

you know the right thing ... just duet
captain static

Post by captain static »

A little over $3,500 has been raised in one week for the PMRP purchase. That evens out to $500 a day. Thank you all!

Several people have inquired about the total amount owed and other details. Paul posted such a question over on the RRGCC site and an answer has been provided: http://www.rrgcc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=272