Upper Small Wall

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
Wes

Post by Wes »

Man, most trad routes in the red just are not that scary. You want scary? Get on some of the old school vert routes. Nothing like trying to hang a draw off of a 1/4 pad, two finger crimp with the last bolt well beneath you, while looking at a swinging, scrape all the scin off of whatever body parts happen to be in the way fall. Johnny, Jim Link, T-Bone, Porter and those guys were bad assed for putting up those lines.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

True dat.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Jerry Bargo

Post by Jerry Bargo »

Ever get any resolution on this question, Ray? I scoured that area yesterday looking for those routes and don't remember seeing what you've photographed so either I missed something or the lighting was different enough that it's throwing me off.

Did you find something that you though could be Cliff Hanger? It doesn't go up the end of a spur, does it? What I found seemed more like a scramble to the top with a few bouldery moves off of ledges than an X route. This spur pointed almost directly at Sky Bridge Arch.
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

I think that route is Bumblebee Junction, I'm sure this is too little too late Ray.

My best estimation is that Cliff Hanger is around the corner to the right from the route in your picture. Not too far either.
There is no TEAM in I