Your $$$ Needed To Keep The Southern Region Open

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

Would you pay $75 per year for the next seven years to keep the Southern Region open?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 106

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

If the link for paypal is not working for you you can send a check / money order to:

RRGCC - PO BOX 22156 - Lexington, KY 40522-2156

Paypal makes it easy to send, but they do take a bit of the money (a small percentage).
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Can a brother get some info? Where exactly is this area? Is it the whole Southern Region? I tried to look it up, but after wading through crap for 35 minutes, I gave up...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
StephyG

Post by StephyG »

email to my family
(Forward it on if ya'll want to):

All I want for Christmas... is the Red River Gorge:

If you guys want to get me something for christmas, this is an easy gift:
Just make a donation to the Red River Gorge Climbers Coalition (visit: http://www.redriverclimbing.com/portal. ... b4db8a6210 and use paypal to make a donation)
Last edited by StephyG on Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wes

Post by Wes »

512OW, Pretty much it is the solar/darkside area, the drive by, the bob Marley, and the sore heal areas (gallery, shady grove, puratory, etc), along with some yet to be developed areas/cliff line.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
DKing

Post by DKing »

Some people seem confused about where (what crags) are in the Murray-Pendergrass property.........What do you think about listing it separately in the online guide much like Muir Valley??? Might help get people excited about what crags they are helping to save.....
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

captain static wrote:Perhaps just as important a question is how can the RRGCC recruit and motivate more volunteers to get involved in helping to do the work of the organization? It is easy to get climbers to show up for a trail day or attend an event. It is not as easy to get climbers motivated to attend meetings, do administrative work, etc.

Just like captain static said, showing up at trail days and events is 'easy' (and I certainly applaud those who always make it and support these events). It's the admin work that really needs volunteers (ie: maintaining database, sending out reminders to members, etc). The last time someone volunteered for this task during the RRGCC meeting at Rockquest early this year, the reply was that all admin work needs to be executed in Lexington.

If this changed in the past few months, then that's good. Whoever is in charge of this (Charlie?), please let us know what we can do to help.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

In case anyone hasn't noticed, we have the amount raised so far from this fundraiser on the front page of this board. We're over $1000 so far! :)
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
charlie

Post by charlie »

squeezindlemmon wrote:....If this changed in the past few months, then that's good. Whoever is in charge of this (Charlie?), please let us know what we can do to help.
The BOD is breaking through strategic planning for '06 right now. When we finish nailing down our plans/dates and identify the action items we'll work on engaging everyone's help.

Thanks y'all. You guys are huge and all this support is amazing!
Last edited by charlie on Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Great work and keep it up!
Looking forward to regular updates from the rrgcc on here and to keep watching the number climb!
captain static

Post by captain static »

In regards to the location of the Pendergrass-Murray Recreational Preserve, the boundaries are shown in the Wolverine Guide and on the OutrageGIS sports map. The Wolverine guide also lists the crags that are encompassed in the PMRP. The Motherlode is not part of the PMRP regardless of what was said in the most recent issue of R&I.

A .jpg file of the PMRP boundaries placed on a USGS map has been provided to Artsay & she mentioned the idea of putting that in the online guide. Perhaps the online guide gods will graciously consider the idea of separating out in someway the PMRP crags?
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh