The road to RRG 5.12 sport...

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

roots wrote:Pigsteak, first off it's not a "cool" thing to me....and no I'm not including myself in the dicksnot category. Whenever I am at the Gorge, I am friendly and courteus to everyperson I meet. As of late, I've had cases where people have been completely rude for no reason. It's my opinion that those people should stay home or leave the attitude there. "Well, I've climbed this many .13s and this many .12s" So what? Who cares?Climbing 5.7 or 5.19 does not make anyone better to "hang with." I choose to hang with people who enjoy climbing for what is...having fun. I don't deal well with all the posturing and inflated heads that plague a "cool" person climbing scene.
Climbing is for having fun for YOU. Thats the reason you do it, and you're allowed that. Some people don't do it for "fun". They're allowed that opinion as well....

Seems you're attitude is just like all the crazy christians..."my way is the only RIGHT way"
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
gunslnga

Post by gunslnga »

512ow said...
you're attitude is just like all the crazy christians

Good, bring religion into this now, we were lacking the means to a spin off argument :P :P
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.....
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Haha

I knew I was here for a reason.
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Many of my closest friends climb 5.12 or harder. They're some of the best people I know and I love climbing with them. I've not come across the whole "I climb harder than you so you suck" phenomenon at the Red. But that's just my experience.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Huggybone

Post by Huggybone »

I've not come across the whole "I climb harder than you so you suck" phenomenon at the Red
I 've seen it.
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."
gunslnga

Post by gunslnga »

Quote:Spragwa

I've not come across the whole "I climb harder than you so you suck" phenomenon at the Red

Quote:Huggybone
I 've seen it.

In earlier post's I commented on this being the reason I did'nt approach anyone in the Red for quite awhile, a few isolated bad experiences at Miguel's asking for beta on route locations can turn newbies off to the whole experience.
After I got on here and a few people took me under they're wings,(dipsi,crankmas,scin), it has been great ever since!
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.....
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Its definitely there. Definitely.

That used to be the first question I ALWAYS got at Miguels...."How hard do you climb?"

My stock answer has always been "5.10"
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

It seems to me that the people who "see it" are just sensitive about their inability to climb harder than a 5.7 trad line. It's YOUR attitude that sucks. Get over yourself.
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

I have definitely seen it. Its a few bad eggs that give the group a bad rap. One time, I gave Gung Ho a couple tries. I mean 30 minutes tops. This complete asshole walked up and jumped on right in front of me using my draws without asking and ignoring my comments like he was deaf. If you are a hard climber or in the click you get some respect from these types of people otherwise there's no respect. I used to see it a lot at the red at the harder walls. When you are a 5.7 climber coming up through the ranks you do get treated like shit. It's like that in most aspects of life. And when you are at the top you won’t see it. I very rarely see it on big routes except for one time a nasty German overtook us with force about 1000ft up while leading a pitch. I have also met some super great Europeans. This one in particular was just ultra nasty. It would be nice to wait 15 minutes to pass at belays but oh well. It's not worth getting worked up over. Let them have their own style. In the bigger picture it doesn't mean shit. Karma has its ways!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yep, there are fucktards climbing at every grade and in every style of climbing. But, in the end, we are all just gumby chuffers compared to the people at the very top end.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda