Bessy

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
RRO

Post by RRO »

So when you rolling back to the Red ? You got a place to stay if you need it.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
tamara

Post by tamara »

Wow, thanks. I have just been doing day trips down there for the most part. I teach on Saturdays so that knocks me out a little bit. Last weekend, I went to the Red after class on Sat. then drove on down to Chattanooga once it got dark. We went into Little River Canyon. That place is awesome! Unfortunately I teach on Sat. next semester too, but I have Mondays and Wednesdays off.
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

where is this place? not like i'll be able to get there anytime soon, just wondering
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
Wes

Post by Wes »

"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
haas

Post by haas »

pawilkes wrote:where is this place? not like i'll be able to get there anytime soon, just wondering
check the online guide once in awhile. Chica Bonita wall has been posted since late July
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

i tried a search, i guess i did something wrong. sorry.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
C'est Si Bon

Post by C'est Si Bon »

Wasn't Merrick bolting some sport there as well? When will his be open?
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy
captain static

Post by captain static »

Matt, great send. I had the pleasure of visiting this crag with Matt & Amy just after it was bolted & was still being cleaned. We TR'ed it after doing Cheaper Than A Movie. Really enjoyed the crux section that is definitely technical. The rest of the climb after the crux up to the anchors stays with you and is fun. CTAM is also a truly classic, moderate trad line.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
merrick

Post by merrick »

The route that Matt and I bolted is Hot Drama Teacher and it got finished up and FAed today. And we are calling it 5.11a now but are curious for others input. It has it all, a mantle, a crux roof crack bulge, fun easy plate pulling, small crimps, and a rad finger eating pocket right at the top.

Thanks to Matt for the bolting instructions. (and to Terry for just talking alot alot alot over the last few years about what makes a good bolting job good - macro features, micro features, clipping postion and hold, where the quickdraw hangs, fall potential, etc)

I also have to give Matt props for Bessy. That is a super fun technical slab climb!!! I actually got pumped on the slab and took a pretty big fall on it on my first go. gotta always be looking for feet. It seemed really solid for the grade to me. Might even call it harder if you are short.
Back from the Dead!