Bessy

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Don McGlone

Bessy

Post by Don McGlone »

Props to RRO for sending his project - Bessy - at Chica Bonita. It's the bolted slab right next to Cheaper than a Movie. He fired it like he was warming up. Excellent route - great technical moves and longer than John Holmes. Beautiful topout. Hell Yea!
Shedding off one more layer of skin
Keeping one step ahead of the persecutor within
Meadows

Re: Bessy

Post by Meadows »

Don McGlone wrote:Props to RRO for sending his project - Bessy - at Chica Bonita.
He sent a mexican cow?
Wes

Re: Bessy

Post by Wes »

Meadows wrote:
Don McGlone wrote:Props to RRO for sending his project - Bessy - at Chica Bonita.
He sent a mexican cow?
Nope, Bessy is the RRO truck. Faithful and always makes it home. Even if it is with parts missing/duct taped/etc.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
tamara

Post by tamara »

What is the rating?
charlie

Post by charlie »

Good job Tackett!!!!

I thought it was pretty damn hard. Felt like Corpus Delicti except a bit trickier and the crux was on for about 25 feet.
RRO

Post by RRO »

No clue what the grade is, Im calling it 11c. I think it would take a solid 12 climber to onsite it but once you have the beta figured out its not that bad. If you like techy/bouldery slab then do yourself a favor and go try this route. Bring a 60 meter cord.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
Stewy911

Post by Stewy911 »

i guess it is open to climb now? are there any other sport lines up there
Who Me? I gotta hitch hike god damn 18 miles to get a god damn beer......that's bullshit.
tamara

Post by tamara »

Good job! I love slab. Did you bolt it on rappel?
RRO

Post by RRO »

Yeah its been open a little while. Right now there is 1 other sport line, Hot Drama Teacher prob around 11b or so. Its a really fun route, mantel, boulder problem, full on roof and cool slab finish, 60 meter cord on that one too. Wes is adding to the online guidebook soon. We have at least 8 more sport lines marked and will be spending a lot of time this week and next finishing up on some.

If your gonna bolt a full on sport line then the only way to bolt is on rappel. Get a few people to TR the line and make sure you get the bolts where they need to be and your not forcing the route.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
tamara

Post by tamara »

I was just wondering....I could just imagine that the vibration of the drill would be enough to knock me off of a thin slab route.