The Legend - first set of anchors

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
SCIN

The Legend - first set of anchors

Post by SCIN »

It seems that most people aren't feeling true to themselves about saying they did The Legend if they only did it to the first set of anchors. I've seen a couple people fall past the first set on a redpoint burn and know for myself that the climbing isn't really over up there when you're pumping. I've also heard a couple people say, heads hung low, "Yea, I only did it to the first set of anchors though"

So, do you ever think people will start to cave over time and the second set of anchors will be forgotten? I think so. Just as starting with the second bolt pre-clipped on many lines or using cheater stones to reach the first set of holds, I think that the push to spray will win in the end.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
goodguy

Post by goodguy »

I think that the low anchors should be removed. Im not trying to start a fight, it just seems like a simple answer.
Oh man, he is messing that up. However, he is missing his left leg so that way would probably be harder for him. SCIN, just before spraying some beta for a climber doing a route the WRONG way.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

aghast...cheater stones will never die..long live the pyramid builders...may their wobbly treasures stay true to the purpose.

which set of anchors was in first? seems to me, like so many issues, that the wishes of the FA would take precedence.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
serial killer

Post by serial killer »

If you yank out the first set of anchors no one will forget about the second set.

If you dont climb the last part of the route you are missing out on some really cool moves on totally solid rock. Pulling over the top bulge to clip teh chains is pumpy and you havnt sent the route unless you have done that.
"if your cold and need a blanket, somebody give em' a blanket; if you needs some socks, sombody give em' some socks; and if your holding...don't hold out."

YMSB
DuppyC

Post by DuppyC »

First set, second set...who cares as long as you are having fun??
"No one has to do something he doesn't want to do for the rest of his life. But then again, if that's what you end up doing, by all means convince yourself that you had to do it; you'll have lots of company." HST
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

having fun? is that the buzz phrase for chuffers who can't pull hard moves?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
DuppyC

Post by DuppyC »

I don't know what a chuffer is but, yes, I'll admit while working my way up to pulling hard moves, I must fall back on the having fun part.
"No one has to do something he doesn't want to do for the rest of his life. But then again, if that's what you end up doing, by all means convince yourself that you had to do it; you'll have lots of company." HST
Wes

Post by Wes »

DuppyC wrote:I don't know what a chuffer is
That is the very definition of chuffer.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

DuppyC is definitely a chuffer with this bombardment of happy climbing shit. Climb angry and think of death. Only then will you reach the high grades and be able to pull on glass and razor blades while beating humans to death.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
davetieri

Post by davetieri »

having fun? is that the buzz phrase for chuffers who can't pull hard moves?
if you are not clmbing just to have fun you have the wrong attitude.. do you think you are going to save the world by climbing a 5.13a? climbing for grades and putting ppl down who are not as good as you is really lame