"Closed Project" crack???

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Wes

Post by Wes »

merrick, But now the lycra wearing dudes will be even more, ah, *into* you now!

Those lines rock, and with the added holds and drilled pockets, this routes can be hang dogged and worked into submission be any 5.13 climber out there. The way it shoule be. LET ME PEOPLE HANGDOG!
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Why do I have a feeling Wes is smokin' a bowl and listening to Bob Marley?
diggum

Post by diggum »

b/c he is.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
merrick

Post by merrick »

wes, you and your people are bitches and I am going on a chopping spree.

your precious little drilled pockets will be sweet for tri-cams.

my pinkpointing glory will not denied!
Back from the Dead!
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

And merrick twirls his cape, jumps on his horse and rides off ...
ynot

Post by ynot »

After the cheerleading outfit he wore,a cape doesn't sound that absurd.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
merrick

Post by merrick »

yall should see my closet.
Back from the Dead!
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Astroman wrote:
512OW wrote:I can name 6 routes off the top of my head that look as good and are harder...
Then name 'em!!!

Seriously, I would love to see 'em....

Well, I guess I can't "name" them, because they dont' have names....

But...

There are 2 giant roof cracks (30 feetish) near Cliffview resort that are beautiful, and much harder than 12, I'd guess.

There is another roof crack near the same area that is absolutely devoid of faceholds and goes out this scooped out roof to an absurdly overhanging headwall....all on fingers or tight hands. Gotta be a high 13..or harder.

And...I guess it depends on your idea of a beautiful crack. I don't get very excited about a crack that looks like RockWars. Looks boring.

So...

There is a giant, A shaped roof at a wall near Roadside (can't remember the name). It may not be as hard as it looks...but would definitely require crazy fun moves...

Cloudsplitter has some long super thin overhanging crack that might be cool....can't exactly remember...it looked impossible last I saw it.

There is a really sweet super thin arching crack near Wall of Denial. Requires tiny fingers or crazy crimpstrength.

There is a 20' fingers to fists roof at Clearcut Wall that seemed impossible last I touched it....but could definitely go someday....

Also....look at ThunderChicken.....that thing is classic. It took a lot of cleaning to get it there though.....it was bush covered and vine entangled till Aaron decided to get up there and uncover its promise....

Simply put, you're just makin dumb statements.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

There's also an amazing looking line at Mariba Fork. There was a thread on it a long time ago. Here's a quote from the thread:
mazzystr wrote:Did you walk to the far right past a large crack that looked like a large wall? between two huge huecos and in front of a flat topped boulder is a small hand crack 2feet right of a small dihedral going up about 40feet to a ledge. then a 100foot leaning handcrack/dihedral. this is the prettiest line i've seen in the gorge.
Beautiful, hard as hell looking line. Thin...but it would go.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
ynot

Post by ynot »

I saw something on the same side as the entrance.Not sure its the same line but it looked hard as hell. I only remember the top of it. Overhanging off fingers. I think its left of the entrance
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney