the numbers game

Discussions full of RAGE!
anticlmber

the numbers game

Post by anticlmber »

is your goal this fall to improve mentally, do something new, learn movement, climb more pitches in a day, learn a new style of climbing or are you just concerned in fluffing your ego up by doing the hardest number (at least as high as you can count) if you did not improve in ratings but mentally became bolder would you be as happy, happier, or pissed. "All this training and im still only doing 5.ZZZZZZ this is not a test.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

I want to conquer my fear of leading. Does that count?
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I've gotten much better at leading. I'm trying to push myself now. Not based upon numbers but pushing through when I'm tired and pumped. I've seen climbers who can do that and it's awesome. I'm requently more willing to take than I am to push through. Sucky.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

You rock, Grrl! 8)
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Danny

Post by Danny »

My new goal is to not climb anything over 5.11. Started doing it trying to heal but am realizing it is much more fun to climb at my level which is 5.11 and under. Damn rain made me go climb sport Monday and I tweaked my tendon again on Buddha hole.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

My goals change all the time. For the past month it's been to get tons of new routes in and I've climbed 54 new routes since the end of September (thanks to Yasi's fancy sort by date sent, I know this! :)). Now my goal is to climb routes at my limit that I can get first or second go. Another month or so it'll probably turn to trad one day and projecting hard routes the next. And just when that all starts to get old, bouldering down south will kick in for the winter. Fun stuff!
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

My goal is to continue working on gaining a solid base one or two letter grades above what my base was last year. I'm backing off on working projects because it just seems stupid to me at this point in time to work on lines that are far above my head. I'd rather continue building up my solid foundation until I can get on those same routes that would be projects for me now and send them effortlessly and enjoy them more. Rather than work on a hard line just to say I sent that hard line, I'd rather encounter that line when I can take it down quickly then move on to the next line of the same grade. This is the only way I feel I can come close to my goal of climbing every line in the Red.

I just read that someone else has onsited 5.14b. I don't imagine this guy was at the crag every week falling over and over on the same lines for years to reach that level. I'm guessing he has a solid pyramid of grades beneath his belt.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

[quote="SCIN"]My goal is to continue working on gaining a solid base one or two letter grades above what my base was last year. I'm backing off on working projects because it just seems stupid to me at this point in time to work on lines that are far above my head. I'd rather continue building up my solid foundation until I can get on those same routes that would be projects for me now and send them effortlessly and enjoy them more. Rather than work on a hard line just to say I sent that hard line, I'd rather encounter that line when I can take it down quickly then move on to the next line of the same grade. This is the only way I feel I can come close to my goal of climbing every line in the Red.

I couldn't say it any better. . .
Can't we all just get along?
krazykid

Post by krazykid »

I've got to be true to the number chasing drive I'm so often accused of! 5.12 by Thanksgiving!!!
Meadows

Re: the numbers game

Post by Meadows »

anticlmber wrote:is your goal this fall to improve mentally, do something new, learn movement, climb more pitches in a day, learn a new style of climbing
Yes.