The non-climbing photography thread.

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Rags

Post by Rags »

hmmmm, would that be a similiar situation that causes a computer screen to flicker when on camera? due to the slower refresh rate than a video camera?
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

is it only me? but when i see those big camera lens it reminds me of little sporty cars and i just think that they gotta be compensating for something non-photo related.
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips
Wes

Post by Wes »

VA, those setups cost almost as much (if not as much) as a car, so maybe the are compensating for having no money in the bank? And my "big white lens" looks kinda small next to those things. I have big white lens envy, no doubt.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Wes

Post by Wes »

Full scale, I-spent-all-day-at-keeneland photo assualt:

http://www.knowchaos.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6
Last edited by Wes on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Po, the kung fu panda
StephyG

Post by StephyG »

Wow Wes, those are beautiful!! Don't know what else to say but, as I looked through them,a number of them had thinking - "wow, incredible shot!"

Looks like you had a fabulous day!

congrats, you should be proud!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Thanks, it was a fun day, going tomorrow and maybe Sunday as well. You still going to join us tomorrow? Any other slackers out there want to hit up keeneland tomorrow?

Po, the kung fu panda
diggum

Post by diggum »

Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Eric

Post by Eric »

nice photos Wes, with action photos like horses and cars or other moving objects it's cool to slow your shutter speed down and pan with the object moving. It really gives you a feeling of movement. It's also cool to see the really fast shutter speed pics that freeze the specks of dirt in mid-air.

Love that last photo Diggum, the face says it all.
"But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?" – Lord Byron
Eric

Post by Eric »

BTW, chicks dig big lenses!
"But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?" – Lord Byron
Wes

Post by Wes »

Last edited by Wes on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Po, the kung fu panda