Sport climbing Injuries?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
flashmaster

Post by flashmaster »

Getting your nut clipped by a leg loop when someone falls really sux
bigwhipper

Post by bigwhipper »

Here's a could-of, almost horror story. Many years ago I was in a comp out west leading with a brand new shiny rope. Half-way up the route, and getting pumped, I went to clip above my head and the rope slipped out of my fingers and the loop of rope dropped onto my head and around my neck. Visions of a quick lynching or a neck de-gloving rope burn were quickly apparent as I was hanging on a two-finger pocket trying to keep my shit together and get a loop of rope off over my head. :shock: Managed to, clipped and fell soon after. But kept my head attached still.
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Spider bite or a dead tree in the butt.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
kafish2

Post by kafish2 »

a belayer could bonk their head while getting pulled up by a climbers fall, and there is always the dreaded climber belayer collision
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

Hamsco did the rope in the teeth trick during a fall at Summersville Lake years ago, he trooped up as always and left to sedate his girlfriend, I think he climbed in the Red the next day, belayers neck sorta hurts on occasion
steep4me

Post by steep4me »

One almost accident--a friend of mine was climbing Convicted at the Lode and he stick clipped the first bolt-- he was doing the lower crux and got up near the second bolt when his rope fell off his harness (didn't finish his knot). Luckily, he had one draw on his harness and he clipped himself to the bolt then we tossed the rope back up to him. Saw a guy in the gym on the roof do the same thing, but he fell from the ceiling. :?
Hauling a big ego up a route adds at least a full grade.
chriss

Post by chriss »

A huge hold breaking going to the first bolt (Scar tissue), but the steepness of the start not allowing the stick clip to catch you. Resulting in a severely bruised heal, which slammed down into the cheater stone used for the start.
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

sometimes my hair gets caught in quickdraws, that makes me cry
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Backflip with rope in crotch.

Beard in ATC.