Open project at the gallery...

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

Last I knew it is Inner Circle/Bronaugh's Wall.
There is a thread somewhere with a link to maps and route descriptions.
Or check the RRGCC cite.
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

stix and lateralus,

don't think for a second ego is not involved in route development. the satisfaction one gets from it is immense. basically, we are just a bunch of lazy chuffers who arent' willing to put in the effort to redpoint these creations. we get to act generous with our "contribution", when the reality is we probably had no business bolting them in the first place....lol
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

OUCH!!!!!!

The truth does hurt after all . . . :lol:
Can't we all just get along?
Wes

Post by Wes »

An here I thought it was because I saw a pretty line that just cried out for bolts, chalk, and tick marks...
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

pigsteak,
not all route developers are egotists, some bolt to offer them to the community and do so for the satisfaction of seeing other people get on them and enjoy their work. Sending is secondary, so don't think for 1 second that all people see the world as you do.
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

I know I was joking, and I am sure pigsteak was too. As for me, I saw this beautiful line that needed to be climbed (and cleaned) and wanted to see what the moves were like. Those with some good grip strength should love the route once it is cleaned up.
Can't we all just get along?
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Pigsteak never jokes about his ego.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

The equipers dare to dream.... of being good enough to climb the lines they see. Of course it is only a dream....
If I were to be recruited to be a suicide bomber, 10,000 virgins would not be a carrot for me (not even close- in fact, that would probably make me start going to the Unitarian Universalists, but anyway...)
They could promise me that I would go to a plane of existence where I had a 2-2.5:1 grip strength to body mass ratio, I had the aerobic cardiovascular system of Lance Armstrong, and I had walls upon walls of "Clean Well Lighted Face" like brilliant orange walls, and a shit lode of bolts and hanger, and a belayer.
I might blow myself up for that... :lol:
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
boulderguy133

Post by boulderguy133 »

lurkist, "you need to find yourself a girl mate," unless of course the girl is the belayer, in which case its all good. actually, its great. :D
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

one thousand one....

you mean there is more than one opinion out there?

meadows, you know I am fragile...be nice.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.