Bad Hybrid at Muir Valley: hold bolted on?!

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

No.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Stewy911

Post by Stewy911 »

oh c'mon!
Who Me? I gotta hitch hike god damn 18 miles to get a god damn beer......that's bullshit.
squeezindlemmon

:lol:
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Sco Bro

Post by Sco Bro »

Come on Squeeze, we labored forever on the name. Other options were:

Jesus doesn't like strap-ons.

Strap-ons are for girls. (I know, not very PC).

Keep the strap-on in the bedroom.

Did anyone know that this rock was being bolted on to the climb, was that how it was proposed?

Wes, I respect your opinion and I wouldn't say there is no instance where you wouldn't add a hold. However, I don't think that because a climb is a one move wonder that it should be altered. Espresso comes to mind. I would prefer that the rating be lowered rather than butchering the rock to make it a consistent grade.
Ultra

Post by Ultra »

what a bunch of girls
Do you like apples? Well, how do you like [b]THEM APPLES[/b]
squeezindlemmon

Sco Bro wrote:Come on Squeeze, we labored forever on the name. Other options were:

Jesus doesn't like strap-ons.
No
Sco Bro wrote:Strap-ons are for girls. (I know, not very PC).
No
Sco Bro wrote:Keep the strap-on in the bedroom.
No
squeezindlemmon

Ultra wrote:what a bunch of girls
We have to make up for your absence.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. That route would have still been 5.6 if you would have glued on a much smaller hold, instead there is a huge boulder bolted onto a slab. It looks horrible. I can somewhat agree with wes. This climb is a 25 foot green pile, that really doesn't climb to bad, but has one hard move in the middle that is so out of range with the rest of the route. Do what you want, but that hold didn't have to be so big, and ugly. If it were me I would have put in just anchors, and definitly not altered the route, since it can be easily top-roped, or soloed.
Living the dream
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

another possible fix for problems like this would be not to bolt a piece of shit with glued/chipped/added holds.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
Stewy911

Post by Stewy911 »

I am going to go to the LODE and bolt on some plastic jugs to get me through all the climbs i cant do
Who Me? I gotta hitch hike god damn 18 miles to get a god damn beer......that's bullshit.