Table Rock/Linville Gorge Directions

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
Hefe

Table Rock/Linville Gorge Directions

Post by Hefe »

Anyone out there know the best way to get to the table rock Parking lot from Lexington? I know ther are a few ways to get there but I am sure someone out there knows the Fastest way.

Also, Any good beta on how to get to the Base of the Ampetheater for Mummy Daddy and Prow would be great. I know you walk out that trail from the Parking lot. the trick comes finding it from the top of the trail going down the steep trail. I don't want to spend all day finding the climbs if I can help it. Any info would be helpful.
Legion

Post by Legion »

If you aren't sure where to find the feeder trail (it's on the right, by some roots and trees and stuff...I'm sure that helps!) keep following the trail all the way around the amplitheatre until you are almost abouve the Mummy. There is a gully on the right that can be rappelled in two pitches using a 60m rope. It spits you out just around from the base of the Mummy.
Posthole

Post by Posthole »

Coming back from Table Rock this weekend (back to Cincy) we took back roads to Johnson City, TN and then I-181 and US 23 to Mountain Parkway. You leave US 23 at Prestonburg and take 114 over to the Mtn Pkwy. It seemed to cut 1/2 hr to an hour off the drive time to Cincy, but I'm not sure I'd take it on the way down. Navigating those back roads at 2 AM probably wouldn't be that fun.

Going down we just took 75 to Knoxville, east on 40 past Asheville and got off at US 221. Back roads from there.

Let me know if you want the detail on how we got from Linville to Johnson City.

Bob