Victory Whippers & Spinners

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Wes

Post by Wes »

You are the one who acts like a bullied little school boy who was left out of the cool kids group, and just wants everyone to love him. And I have put up two routes. Ever. Both are choss. And, I am OK with that.

Maybe someday you will grow up, realize that people can give out constructive critisisim, and not be trying to personally dis you. I kinda doubt it though, you cannot seem to be objective at all.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Then why is it that whenever I try to argue with you that you have to bring up ego or the size of my manhood or get nasty about it? I have no problem with constructive criticism, but I do have a problem with people who are assholes about it.

There is no need for any type of rivalry between Team Suck and Team Muir. It is ridiculous. Both groups are competent and capable.
Last edited by J-Rock on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
Wes

Post by Wes »

J-Rock wrote:Then why is it that whenever I try to argue with you that you have to bring up ego or the size of my manhood or get nasty about it?
Perhaps if your ego wasn't so fragile, or perhaps if your manhood wasn't so small, you would not find the need to argue every little point?

Po, the kung fu panda
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Man, you've got it all wrong. I've never had a fragile ego and I've never been insecure about my manhood. Perhaps it is really you with the insecurities and that's why you feel it necessary to be so rude on the online forums. I don't understand it because you are one of the coolest and friendliest people I have ever met in person, but on here you can be a real jerk.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
Wes

Post by Wes »

Online, you act much the same way, overly protective and defensive. Quick to dismiss concerns about the routes. Much like me, you also are quick to speak your mind. So, we end up flaming each other over small issues. Such is life sometimes, I guess.

Po, the kung fu panda
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

In some ways we are alot alike. For the record though, I could really care less about how people feel about me, but I'm still going to state my opinions honestly and openly. I'm not looking for any compliments, love, glory or any of that crap... I don't even mind criticisms and I've considered each and every one of them (of course, that doesn't mean that I always agree with them). I could just go for a few less complaints that are done so in a rude manner. Simple as that.

--A Navaho elder
Wes

Post by Wes »

True. I can agree with and respect that for sure.

Group hug? :wink:
J-Rock wrote:In some ways we are alot alike. For the record though, I could really care less about how people feel about me, but I'm still going to state my opinions honestly and openly. I'm not looking for any compliments, love, glory or any of that crap... I don't even mind criticisms and I've considered each and every one of them (of course, that doesn't mean that I always agree with them). I could just go for a few less complaints that are done so in a rude manner. Simple as that.

Po, the kung fu panda
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Charles Darwin said it best when he wrote the following words about his critics in his autobiography:

"This leads me to remark that I have almost always been treated honestly by my reviewers, passing over those without scientific knowledge as not worthy of notice. My views have often been grossly misrepresented, bitterly opposed and ridiculed, but this has been generally done, as I believe, in good faith. On the whole I do not doubt that my works have been over and over again greatly overpraised. I rejoice that I have avoided controversies, and this I owe to Lyell, who many years ago, in reference to my geological works, strongly advised me never to get entangled in a controversy, as it rarely did any good and caused a miserable loss of time and temper.

Whenever I have found out that I have blundered, or that my work has been imperfect, and when I have been contempuously criticized, and even when I have been overpraised, so that I have felt mortified, it has been my greatest comfort to say hundreds of times to myself that "I have worked as hard and as well as I could, and no man can do more than this." This I have done to the best of my abilities, and critics may say what they like, but they cannot destroy this conviction."

--A Navaho elder
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Wes, I think you are a great guy in person and the few times that I had the chance to climb with you were very fun and memorable. Online though I think we are just two different people I suppose. No hard feelings... Good night. Peace and love to all...

--A Navaho elder
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Quick, his back is turned!
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.